Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mid-May List

Interesting fact; Did you know that in Australia, peppers (like the green, yellow, and red ones that you use for cooking) are called 'capsicum'?

Highlights of My Weekend: 1) On Friday night, Tilt had an 80's party.  I've never been one to dress up for themed parties, but I did for this one.  Unfortunately, or maybe not, I don't have a good picture of my get-up.  It was a great night though and I realized how great 80's music is.  2) On Sunday, Alisa, Jane and I went to a Pohang Steelers game.  I hadn't been to a game in a while and we picked the right one to go to.  The Steelers were the 2nd best team in the league and we were playing the best team - the Jeonbuk Motors.  It was an important game on a beautiful day and the stadium was packed.  By the end of the first half we were down 2 - 0 and it didn't look good.  Our cheering section had gone quiet while the small contingent from Jeonbuk were making most of the noise.  But then the tide turned.  A goal off of a corner kick and then another soon after that and we were back in it.  Then, with the crowd buzzing and time winding down, a handball was called in their box ... penalty kick ...  Goooaaal!  We won it 3 - 2, the Steelers are now the best team in the league, and I don't think I have been to a more exciting sporting event.


The celebrations after coming back to take the lead!
What I'm Looking Forward To: The Open-Mic Night at Live Story this weekend where our jam group will be performing for the first time.

What I'm Reading: What Are People For? by Wendell Berry.  The book is a group of essays of his. I'm enjoying them but also finding them quite 'thick' and hard to get through (thanks Frank).  I just finished What Good Is God by Philip Yancey, which I really enjoyed (thanks mom).  On deck: A River Runs Through It by Norman Maclean (thanks Pete).

What I'm Eating:  A potato, ham, onion, and capsicum mixture that I'm pretty proud of.


What I'm Trying Not to Worry About: My parent observation tomorrow.

What I'm Looking At: The almost full moon that is directly outside my window as if someone is dangling it from the floor above me.  It's bright and beautiful, and it makes me miss the stars.

Thanks for reading,
 Michael

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing, Mike. I enjoyed reading your blog! Wow, great soccer game!
    I trust that the parent(s) who observed was impressed. I would be.
    Luv yah. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Mike! Fun format :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendell Berry is one of my favorites! Definitely thick, as you said, but so full of goodness. Glad you are well!

    ReplyDelete