Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sun, Sickness, and a Bucket List

Today was a beautiful day.  The weather has gotten a little cooler, but it's still pretty warm, and today was completely sunny.  We're able to get out onto the roof of our school and so lieing up there in the sun was the highlight of my day.  Also, Natasha can juggle and we're practicing juggling together (when you switch balls/bean-bags).  So we did that on the roof as well and that was great.

Myself and quite a few others were pretty sick this week.  I had a doozer of a cold, but it's clearing up finally.  My cold didn't keep me from playing in a small soccer tournament this past weekend though (I'm quietly proud of myself for going despite my condition).  But I felt terrible the next day.

The Korean vacation of Chuseok is next week and we get every day except Monday off.  This is a big deal because it sounds like we don't get very many vacations.  I don't have the money to do anything big so my plan was to stay around here and get to know the area.  Then a friend let me know about a paragliding and river rafting trip that he might be going on and says there are extra spots available.  So I'd be pretty pumped if that happened.  I've never done either of those - and I really should sometime.  I've found that discussions about activities like these bring up people's well formed or not well formed 'bucket lists'.  It's got me thinking about weather I have one or not.  I never really had a clear bucket list before, but it's not a bad idea.  Having dreams and goals to aspire towards is a good thing.  So here are my initial ideas of things I'd like to do in the future:  1) While I'm in Asia, I'd like to travel to at least a couple different countries at some point - China probably being one of them, and then maybe the Philippines or Cambodia.  2) I'd like to go to Europe also at some point.  And there, watch a soccer game and visit a castle.  3) On my wall I have a poster of Machu Picchu in Peru and I've always told myself that I'll go there someday.  4) I'd like to climb as many mountains/hills that I can.  5) I'd like to work as an outdoor educator (again I guess).  6) I'd like to be able to fix a car (so keep trying to teach me Dad).  7) I'd like to own a garden and grow most of my food at some point.  8) I'd like to live out of a backpack for a good chunk of time.  9) And of course - own a scooter while I'm in Pohang.  I'm sure there is more that I'm not thinking of, but this is a start at least.

Here is a link to a video about Pohang.  Some of the places in the video are familiar to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rwrkihzlEo

And as I promised, here's a picture of my sweet awesome chair that I got from the side of the road.

It's a little more like a throne than a chair, I think.  And it's really comfortable.  I'm sitting on it right now actually; what a coincidence.
Thanks for reading,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment