Friday, November 19, 2010

Paintballing and Kindergarten Broadway

I went paintballing this past weekend.  It was my first time and I wasn't dissapointed.  There was a pretty large group of foreign teachers who met at the train station and took a bus to place a little outside Pohang.  I didn't know what to expect really but I was pretty excited once we  got there, saw the playing area, and got our gear on.  There's something (not a healthy something) about holding a gun in your hands.   We devided into two teams and played two games of the-last-team-standing-wins, and two games of capture the flag.  Then we played the-last-man-standing-wins.  I certainly wasn't the best paintballer out there, but didn't do too bad I don't think.  There's definitely strategy involved.  At the end we did standoffs where two people stand back to back, then walk a number of paces, turn and shoot.  I thought that was pretty fun because you're at the mercy of the other person's aim.  Then we jumped in the bus and headed back.  I'm looking forward to the spring when they'll organize another trip.

School has been good lately; there hasn't been anything to complain about - which, I feel, can be pretty easy in the teaching profession (probably most professions).  Our school is going to have a Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve.  It will include a play and a Christmas song performed by every morning class.  We're predicting it's going to be a long night.  But I'm excited for it.  My co-teacher already has been taking any free time we have to practice our play.  And this is not going to be your usual kindergarten production.  We're doing a full musical, complete with dances.  It will be sure to rival Broadway.  And I'll be sure to get some of it on video.

Also, I've bought a winter coat.  I'm excited about it because it's getting cold outside, and maybe I'm becoming wimpy but I just don't like being cold.

Finally, I'm planning on changing my blog night to Monday.  I think this will work better for me.  So expect the next one to be this Monday, assuming that I remember.

Thanks for reading,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment